SMC review ahead ...

by Roman aka jar


Wow!

The Scale Model Challenge 2013 really has been a strong event.

I told you that I have never been there before myself and I really was massively impressed by the seize of the halls (over 5000 square metres), by the amount of people around, by the quality and amount of the planes, tanks and figures. I had so many nice chats with so many different nice people from different nationalities ... it was just a blast!

We returned home yesterday night, so rolling everything up will take a little while as we really came home with a big amount of material like interviews with very cool people, video footage of the whole event and much more! Stay tuned and excited!

Thanks to Robert and Sander for having us, more will be said about those two soon!
Some first impressions from our trip ...

 Our car was massively packed ...

Meeting one of my idols there was great: Pepa Saavedra - thanks for the Rum ;)











 A lot of the SMC visitors have been to the rainy outsides to smoke ...












Plastic boobies ...
 
 hit by light while visiting the Dome in Cologne ...                   ough!


















Ronald wrote an email - this man is fast ...

"
Hallo Roman,

The intention of writing you an email has been in my mind for quite some time now. I'm a big fan of Massive Voodoo from the Netherlands. The blog has been a fun place to visit since I first discovered it, but not just because you guys create these awesome works of art. To me it is a place that can lift your spirit because of the happy vibe that radiaties from the topics, if you know what I mean. Maybe I sound a bit crazy, but for me the philosophy of happy painting, goes beyond just the painting part, but with all things in life. Enjoy yourself! I'm not sure If I'm able to express what I mean, but Massive Voodoo is a big motivator/inspirator to me. Keep it up! 

When we briefly met yesterday, I forgot all the things I wanted to ask you hahaha! Like if you could show me the type of foam you guys use for the wet pallete 2.0 as I'm not really sure what type it is, or what colours you used for the skin of that AWESOME Thrud you did a while ago. At least I didn't forgot to congratulate you on 'The last light', and thank you for bringing it to the SMC! I'm so glad I was able to see it for real, as like you said, it will be very hard to catch that much epicness on picture. That project is just WOW...

Well, those were some thoughts I wanted to share with you. Hopefully it made a bit of sence, as I'm sometimes not sure if I'm able to express the awesomeness that I think Massive Voodoo is to other people. Looking forward to have a chat with you again ( and Raffa, as I haven't spoken with him before at all  and learn alot from you both at the paint workshop in december!

See you then!

Happy painting, as a great Kong Fu master would say...

-Roon (Ronald)

I definatly take my time soon to write back in detail to you Ronald, so far I can say: Thanks a lot for your thoughts. I guess I understand what you mean! It was my pleasure meeting you there beside so many others and I was happy to chat with you ... even I felt busy all the time, I enjoyed our little chat very much! Looking forward to meet you in December on the Painting Class in the Netherlands, like so many others I did meet at the SMC. I promise I will find more time during the class weekend. Thanks so much for the big bag of Bananas! You made many monkeys and their friends happy!!


Read you very soon with more and a deeper insight into the beautiful time we had there!


Comments:

There are 1 Kommentare for SMC review ahead ...

Post a Comment